Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Evening with Elvis

While working on a website late last night, I listened to Elvis Costello's "When I Was Cruel" album. Later, I had a dream I was at an Elvis concert, but as his guest. I watched the performance from the side of the stage. After the show, I was invited to his home, which was a very cool loft-like space in an old converted brick building (it felt like a small factory). He had the whole place designed and decorated to look like some Italian courtyard, complete with vines, strings of small lights and iron benches. There were a bunch of people hanging out, talking and drinking wine. I was quite impressed by the whole scene and complimented Elvis on the decor. The entire visit was very friendly and relaxed.

Later, I woke up and wasn't a friend of Elvis anymore.