Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Niagara Rock

The 60's and 70's rock music scene in Niagara is the subject of a new DVD, "The Big Story of Small Potatoes, Niagara's Rock Music History 1964 - 1974".

The website includes a long list of area bands, many of them I recall. As a young kid back then, my life-long love for music was just beginning and these local bands always seemed incredibly mystical to me (Fat Rabbit!). I'm going to enjoy looking over the list.

Something that's always stuck in my head - early 70's, a flatbed truck rolling down our street with a rockin' band aboard, campaigning for local politician, Ellis Morningstar (they were throwing big yellow "Vote for Morningstar" buttons). I was likely 8 or 9 years old and thought that was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. If anyone has any idea who that band might have been, please email me. I've been wondering for nearly 40 years.